Pharm.D. Early Assurance Program for Those With Non-Science U.S. University Bachelor Degrees
The Pharm.D. Early Assurance Program (PEAP) provides a pathway for those adult learners who are motivated toward a career change to the pharmacy profession and are highly focused, committed, and determined to succeed in attaining their goal in the quickest way possible. Many adult learners have financial responsibilities that make pursuing a second career difficult. This program allows these students to pursue their goal at an affordable cost and in a shorter timeframe lessening the financial burden leaving one profession and pursuing another will incur. Please note that to be eligible for this program, you must already have received a non-science bachelor's degree at the time of your PEAP application.
PEAP Admission Requirements
- Submit the PharmD Early Assurance Program (PEAP) applicationby May 1st of the year you plan to begin pre-pharmacy coursework. (e.g. If you plan to start coursework in Fall 2019, then submit your PEAP application no later than May 1, 2019.)
- Submit all official college transcripts showing a minimum overall GPA of 2.50 or better.
- Submit a 2 page essay over a selected pharmacy topic and receive a score of 3 or better on a 1-5 grading scale.
- Submit two letters of reference. Acceptable references may come from professors, employers, volunteer supervisors, organizational advisors, or a healthcare professional you have either worked with or job shadowed (family friends or family members are NOT acceptable). We do NOT accept letters from friends, family, family friends, politicians, or clergy members. Letters should provide as many details as possible about your qualities, attributes, and ability to be successful in college and professional school.
- You must not be required to complete remedial (zero-level) coursework in math or science.
- Submit a signed copy of your PEAP Statement of Understanding if accepted into the program.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Richardson, Director of Recruitment & Admissions at email@example.com or 405-271-6598.
The online application can be accessed at: OUCOP PEAP for Non-Science Bachelor's Degree Holders